Circularity Assessment: How to explore business opportunities towards Circular Economy in your company
Sustainn helps you to unveil all the potential Circular Economy-oriented business opportunities to improve the competitiveness of your company through a “5-step Circularity Assessment”.
Circularity Assessment is oriented to maximize the efficiency in the use and exploitation of materials and resources, as well as to minimize and valorize the waste generated, obtaining economical, social and environmentally sustainable products and services.
5 steps to discover sustainability-oriented business opportunities
We start analyzing the design & development processes of your company paying attention to the methodologies oriented to obtain the optimal technical solution of the product/service. Specifically we focus on the design techniques for:
- – Durability
- – Standardization & Compatibility
- – Maintenance & Repair
- – Upgradability & Adaptability
- – Disassembly & Reassembly
Later on, we review the industrialization & manufacturing processes aiming to obtain:
- – Nutrients Strategy Assessment, where we create a map of materials, energy and waste streams over the different manufacturing process operations.
- – BOM & Manufacturing costs, where we obtain all the cost related to the Bill of Materials (BOM) and the manufacturing process.
Then we assess how the competitiveness strategy is integrated within the product/service development processes, focusing on how a Life Cycle Cost Model (LCC Assessment) is used and Quality, Cost and Delivery aspects (QCD strategy Assessment) are considered within the decision making process to obtain the optimum technical solution.
Next, Circularity Assessment is oriented to identify business opportunities derived from all the potential recirculations of materials and valorization of waste, whether in-company (internal) or with the collaboration with external agents/stakeholders (external), following Circularity Hierarchy criteria (Repair-Reuse-Refurbishment-Remanufacturing-Recycle).
Finally, we evaluate these business opportunities attending to:
- – Impact on LCC of the product/service (LCC Assessment)
- – Impact on Quality, Cost & Delivery (QCD Assessment)
- – Impact of current legislation fulfilment and adaptability to upcoming legislations
- – Identification of financing options for their development
At the end of the process we define indicators to improve the economical, environmental and social sustainability of your company (Sustainability Impact Indicators).
This 5-step approach will help your company to discover new business opportunities through the orientation of the design and development processes towards Circular Economy meanwhile contributing to a perdurable and sustainable society.
Follow our future posts where we will give more details about every step of Circularity Assessment.
Do not hesitate to share your doubts and thoughts and contact us !!
¡¡ Rethink smart leads to sustainability !!
“Your big opportunity may be right where you are now”. Napoleon Hill